Charles G. Young III
Charles G. Young III is a member of the firm of Young Ricchiuti Caldwell & Heller, LLC. He was previously a shareholder in the firm of Litvin, Blumberg, Matusow & Young. Mr. Young concentrates his practice in medical malpractice, product liability, construction accidents, aviation, professional malpractice and other personal injury litigation involving catastrophic injury or death.
Since coming to Philadelphia from Kansas City, Missouri, in 1975, he has handled well over 250 cases in state and federal courts in Philadelphia, the surrounding suburban counties and throughout eastern Pennsylvania, as well as in the states of Delaware, Kansas, Maryland and North Carolina.
He has won numerous jury verdicts well in excess of $1 million, including three in excess of $10 million, and has settled many more in seven figures.
He is listed in Best Lawyers in America, has been recognized by his peers as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, and is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates’ Forum. He is widely recognized by lawyers and judges as one of the top trial lawyers in the Philadelphia area. In 1995, Mr. Young was elected to the American College of Trial Lawyers and, in 2001, was chosen to participate on the college’s Teaching Trial and Appellate Advocacy committee. He is also a member of the Pennsylvania Bar Association and Philadelphia Bar Association, the Pennsylvania and Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Associations and the American Association for Justice.
As part of his teaching activities, Mr. Young was one of six lawyers to create and present a seminar for the National Judicial College dealing with science in the courtroom for judges from across the country. The Pennsylvania Bar Institute (PBI) frequently asks Mr. Young to lecture across the state on various topics dealing with trial advocacy. At the request of PBI, Mr. Young created and organized a program on direct and cross-examination of fact and expert witnesses, which was presented to attorneys across Pennsylvania.
Mr. Young, who is from Kansas City, Missouri, graduated from Duke University in Durham, North Carolina, and he obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri Law School.
Areas Of Practice
- Medical and Other Professional Negligence
- Product Liability
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Missouri, 1968
- Pennsylvania, 1975
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri Columbia School of Law, Columbia, Missouri
- J.D., Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1968
- Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1965
- New Pennsylvania Discovery Rules Dramatically Broaden Existing Procedures, The Barrister, Vol. 10, No. 2, 1979
- Faculty Member, Academy of Advocacy, 1980
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Missouri Bar, Member, Committee on Civil Practice and Procedure, 1975
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member
- Philadelphia Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Member
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers - 2005-2019